Sunday, March 8, 2009

Visual Journal Pages

Inspired by Kelly Kilmer's online class I worked on some pages and here they are...

Backing paper is inside of mail envelopes...image is a drawing from one of the old masters snagged off the internet....Dover sampler, I think:


These 2 pages are torn bits of the insides of envelopes...a complete freebie...waiting for the right images to paste on top...


I love the way the colors went together on these pages...


These are the result of a current black and white fetish...

5 comments:

gemma said...

Hi Lorraine
Isn't it amazing the places we can find cool stuff to make art out of? I like the envelopes and all of your art shown here. Also want to say your Mardi Gras page is really cool with the map of N.O.
on the back!
:-)

Lorraine said...

Glad you like all my stuff...it's so fun to do and share.... Maybe I'll be one of those funky old ladies who does pictures with dryer lint...wait! Maybe I already am!

Kate said...

Love your pages. I am taking Kelly's class and am really enjoying it.

Kate

Sandy K. said...

I don't know who "Kelly" is, but her class has definite possibilities. These pages are so creative, and make me feel good. I'd like to try it. Are they all pictorial, or do you add journaling to pages?

Lorraine said...

Sandy..."Kelly" is Kelly Kilmer and she gives wonderful art classes. When I figure out the lik thingie I'll have one to her website! I do some journaling on top of the pages depending on how much I like them as they are or not.